Interview: Chan Has Talks Musical Debut


CHAN HAS made his debut on the Bhangra scene with his video, "Chori Chori." His high quality video caught our attention and CHAN HAS kept us engaged with his sophomore release, "Galeh Lagja." With his unique sound and impactful debut, we wanted to know more about CHAN HAS! Check out our exclusive interview with this artist to find out more about his music and future plans.


QUESTION: Where have you come from? With the release of one single after the next with equally impressive vides you are quite a force to be reckoned with! For those of our readers who do not know who you are, tell us who CHAN HAS is?
CHAN HAS: LOL  I've come from planet I-ROK, a very hard working Record Label. My name's CHAN HAS & I'm a musician, song writer, singer & music producer from Manchester, UK. After being introduced to music by international smash hit artist Sam Hasmukh aka 5RB, who had a massive hit 'Akhiyan' in 2002, I felt I should follow in my brother's footsteps. 8 years of training by himself & here I am. The amazing videos with the eye catching fresh concepts were down to the hard work of my record label (I-ROK RECORDS).

QUESTION: When did you begin exploring the Idea of becoming a singer?
CHAN HAS: Well I've always been humming & singing to myself quietly so that no one could hear me & it just came to a point where I was training other singers how to sing & record in the studio. It was about 2008 when I recorded my 1st song which was written & produced by myself & that was actually 'Galeh Lagja' to be honest.

QUESTION: Do you also produce and write your lyrics?
CHAN HAS: Yes that's right. Anything I've ever sang or featured on till today has been written & produced by myself. For my album I am planning to work with some new & well known producers.

QUESTION: Let's take it back to your debut single. Tell us about "Chori Chori.".
CHAN HAS: 'Chori Chori' was my debut single which I produced in Oct 2011. It featured vocals from girl group Skyrah Kane. I knew I had to do something different to set me apart from the Bhangra scene & it worked.

QUESTION: The video is packed with sexy cars and even sexier ladies. What was it like shooting your first music video?
CHAN HAS: Haha It was very glam & mainstream indeed. I've never thought to have shot such a big video for my 1st ever single, it was a crazy experience & very hard work. I definitely enjoyed myself as well as the girls. A lot of practice & work went into that shoot & it paid off.

QUESTION: You have recently released the video for your sophomore single "Galeh Lagja." This was another catchy tune and slick video with choreography that was not expected. Was it easier shooting a music video the second time around?
CHAN HAS: Thank you & it was a slight bit easier than the 1st time round, but it was 1 day after the 'Chori' shoot so was mad tired plus the choreography was made up on the day of the 'GL' shoot so I was a bit scared, LOL, but was feeling the real artist lifestyle & all my friends & family came stood by me for support, thank you guys!

QUESTION: How would you describe your music sound and style?
CHAN HAS: I'd say its electric Bhangra. Hard hitting sounds which are a mashup of Desi & RnB/Hiphop.

QUESTION: With two back to back releases, we have to ask, when's the next release?
CHAN HAS: Well literally a few days ago, I was bombarded with many emails/FB messages from supporters telling me the Desi Duet Remix of 'GL' is amazing & if there was going to be a video for it. So I'm thinking to drop that idea in the next I-ROK meeting. The more people supporting the idea will result in a video for the remix. So very soon there will be single No.3 hitting your screens!!!

QUESTION: Any plans of releasing an album this year?
CHAN HAS: Haaaanjiii!! Album is in the pipeline, currently spending every moment I get free writing & composing new songs for my album so soon as I'm off the road I'm going to be living in the studio again. :)

QUESTION:Can we expect to see you performing live anytime soon?
CHAN HAS: I'm always on the road touring with the new single 'Galeh Lagja'. Many of you's that follow me on twitter.com/chanhasofficial or facebook.com/chanhasofficial may have seen me posting updates every other hour regarding interviews & upcoming events. As well as the clubs I have been booked for over 25 outdoor melas this year so you can catch me performing heavily this summer.