New Kids on the Block: Prabus and Ebrahim


Every week we come across new artists who strive to one day see their name in lights and at the top of the charts! This week Prabus and Ebrahim make our list of New Kids on the Block. Check out their music here and let us know whose vibe you're feeling.


What sets you apart on the Bhangra scene?
My sound is what differentiates me within the industry. I've spent the last 10 years learning how to play a number of instruments as well as building my own studio and teaching myself the ins and outs of music production. My main focus has been on quality rather than quantity and this is evident on both my debut single and forthcoming album.

Tell us about "Akh De Pateya Nu."
When I first started out as a producer I had no links or contacts within the industry. I had created some amazing beats for which I needed vocalists. I managed to come across a guy through a social networking site who managed some vocalists in India who needed a big break, I was more than happy to give them that break. The vocalist on my track is Major Chanalia and although he has done a small number of songs for other artists in the U.K., he hasn't had the recognition that he deserves. "Akh De Pateya Nu" is one of his own personal favorites and I'm really happy to have him feature on the track.

What are your future plans?
The full video for "Akh De Pateya Nu" will be coming in the next few weeks. I've got another two singles lined up which again showcase my love for traditional Desi music. The album titled My Sound My Way will be released later this year.
Ebrahim

What sets you apart on the music scene?
As far as standing out or setting myself apart from the rest of the pack, I don't really feel that I'm doing anything out of the ordinary or ground breaking. I'm just a regular dude, who studies, works hard and happens to be a huge fan of music. I've always considered myself a fan before an artist. I think before you can become great at something, you have to truly understand and appreciate it first. I've been at this for over 10 years now, so I think I've done my homework, but even still, I have a lot to learn.

Tell us about "MarleyLa."
My YouTube videos spawned out of boredom. I was working on my follow up album and while recording it, I'd find other ways to entertain myself. It started with the Britney Spears loop thing, then the D'angelo/Lupe tune and then the Marley cover. I didn't sit there over-thinking it. Just whatever came out, came out.

What are your future plans?
I'm releasing my second album this fall. My first record, Goldrush, did pretty well, considering I never really toured or marketed it (15,000 units sold). Prior to the release of my second album I'm dropping a five-song EP which is along the same lines as my YouTube videos, just more produced and is also original material. Myself and Jay Sean have been brain storming on a few ideas the past couple months. I've also been fortunate enough to work with Kanye's team and will be working with Melanie Fiona later this summer. Busy year, but I wouldn't want it any other way!